Khiron to Open TSX Venture Exchange and Host Media Interviews on June 11, 2018
TORONTO, June 8, 2018 – Khiron life Sciences Corp. (“Khiron” or the “Company“) (TSXV: KHRN), a Canadian integrated medical cannabis company with its core operations in Colombia, will open the market of the TSX Venture Exchange on Monday, June 11, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. EDT. Khiron, as the first cannabis company with active operations in Colombia to list on any exchange globally, will be meeting with members of media after the market opens.
Interested media channels are invited to contact the Company as below:
Contact: David Bosworth
Firm: Idea Workshop
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact info: +1 416 846 3540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Khiron has positioned itself as the leading medical cannabis company in Latin America. Key accomplishments of Khiron include:
- First cannabis company with core operations in Colombia to list on any exchange globally.
- One of the first fully-licensed medical cannabis companies in Colombia, with cultivation and production licenses for low- and high-THC awarded by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection and Ministry of Justice, respectively.
- One of the first companies to receive a cultivation quota for high-THC mother plants.
- First fully-licenced cannabis company in Colombia to receive product approvals from The Colombia National Food and Drug Surveillance Institute (INVIMA).
- Strategic partnership with the Colombian Neurological Association and host of two significant medical cannabis conferences in Bogota and Medellín with over 1,000 physicians in attendance.
- Securing of land package in Ibagué, Colombia, an ideal location for cultivation, which includes access to clean water, ideal temperature conditions, and military presence. Khiron is currently cultivating cannabis for medical purposes in Colombia.
- Raised ~$17 million of equity capital over three financing rounds. Khiron worked with leading Canadian investment banks to complete these offerings.
About Khiron Life Sciences Corp.
Khiron is a Canadian integrated medical cannabis company with its core operations in Colombia, and is fully licenced in Colombia for the cultivation, production, domestic distribution, and international export of both tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) medical cannabis. Khiron combines leading international scientific expertise, agricultural advantages, and branded product market entrance experience to address the unmet medical needs in a market of over 620 million people in Latin America.
Further information on Khiron Life Sciences can be found at www.khiron.ca.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking information and statements (“forward-looking information”) within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, that are not based on historical fact, including without limitation statements containing the words “believes”, “anticipates”, “plans”, “intends”, “will”, “should”, “expects”, “continue”, “estimate”, “forecasts” and other similar expressions. Readers are cautioned to not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those contemplated by these statements. Khiron undertakes no obligation to comment analyses, expectations or statements made by third-parties in respect of Khiron, its securities, or financial or operating results (as applicable). Although Khiron believes that the expectations reflected in forward-looking information in this press release are reasonable, such forward-looking information has been based on expectations, factors and assumptions concerning future events which may prove to be inaccurate and are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, certain of which are beyond Khiron’s control, including the risk factors discussed in Khiron’s Filing Statement which is available on Khiron’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com. The forward-looking information contained in this press release is expressly qualified by this cautionary statement and are made as of the date hereof. Khiron disclaims any intention and has no obligation or responsibility, except as required by law, to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For further information: Darren Collins, Chief Financial Officer, T: +1 (705) 527-3564, E: email@example.com; Canada Investor Relations, Nicole Marchand, GRIT Capital, T: +1 (416) 428-3533, E: firstname.lastname@example.org; U.S. Investor Relations, Lisa Wilson, In-Site Communications, Inc., T: +1 (917) 543-9932, E: email@example.com
Released June 8, 2018